TransAct to Demonstrate How Casino Operators Can Get an Edge at the 2018 Global Gaming Expo
Company’s Epic Edge TITO Printer Headlines TransAct’s One-Stop-Shop Display
HAMDEN, Conn. & LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 8, 2018-- TransAct Technologies Incorporated (Nasdaq:TACT) (“TransAct” or “the Company”), a global leader in software-driven technology and printer solutions for high-growth markets, announced today that it will demonstrate for attendees at the 18th Annual Global Gaming Expo (“G2E 2018”) how its ground-breaking Epic Edge ticket-in/ticket-out (“TITO”) printer provides an edge over the competition when it comes to creating razor sharp barcodes and eye-catching graphics on printed tickets across their gaming floors. TransAct’s display (Booth #2423) at G2E 2018, to be held in Las Vegas, Nevada from October 9-11, 2018 at the Sands Expo and Convention Center, will also highlight the Company’s full lineup of casino, gaming and lottery printers and software solutions, including the latest editions of its innovative Epicentral software-driven bonusing solution and its TITO and roll-fed printers for casino, gaming and lottery applications.
“TransAct has long offered print and bonusing solutions that allow casino, gaming and lottery operators to get an edge over their competition. With our Epic Edge, we are bringing to gaming floors worldwide new technology that takes printer capabilities to the next level,” said Bart C. Shuldman, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of TransAct Technologies. “At the 2018 Global Gaming Expo in Las Vegas, we will be asking attendees a simple question: why buy old print technology when you can add the best-in-class Epic Edge to your gaming floor? Our team of sales professionals will demonstrate what 300 dpi print quality can do for printed tickets and how the razor sharp barcodes and graphics on those printed tickets can dramatically improve gaming floor operations. The Epic Edge is the embodiment of our continued commitment to remain a partner of choice thanks to our unmatched customer service and customer-centric innovation which allows TransAct’s solutions to meet customer performance and efficiency needs while creating a gaming floor experience that keeps players coming back for more.”
Epic Edge: The New Leader in Ticket-In/Ticket-Out
As casino entertainment preferences evolve, operators continue to seek out products and solutions that allow them to provide players with unmatched experiences while ensuring their gaming floors run at peak efficiency. The next-generation Epic Edge is the choice in TITO printing for global casino operators, designed for easy implementation across all gaming floors. Currently being installed and approved by the leading gaming device OEMs, operators selecting the Epic Edge will benefit from a number of significant technology enhancements led by its 300 dpi print resolution. Representing a 50 percent improvement over current industry offerings, this unmatched new standard in print resolution easily delivers sharper barcodes for better ticket acceptance which will drive a real reduction in attendant calls and a tangible improvement in floor performance. The Epic Edge’s 300 dpi print resolution will also create eye-catching, dynamic graphic images on printed tickets, making it ideal for implementation alongside bonusing applications such as TransAct’s Epicentral. Additionally, the Epic Edge allows for firmware updates via a full speed USB 2.0 connection or directly via a micro SD card, driving increased convenience and making the process of updating firmware speedier than ever. Other features of the Epic Edge include a single rugged outer chassis with color coded rails, numerous port options (Serial, USB and Netplex), hot swap capability to eliminate game downtime and a faster ServerPort™ connection. Operators will also benefit from its adjustable ticket bucket which can accommodate standard and smaller, paper-saving tickets.
Epicentral Delivers Casino Revenue Growth
TransAct will again demonstrate at G2E 2018 how Epicentral is “Delivering Casino Revenue Growth” for operators of all sizes, offering proven performance for more than six years in creating unmatched in-casino promotions and bonus offerings. Epicentral and the Epicentral Systems Edition (“Epicentral SE”) return to the G2E 2018 show floor where TransAct will work with show attendees to easily bridge the gap between the slot machine and the reward of a printed ticket thanks to the software suite’s unmatched capabilities. Since its introduction, Epicentral has proven that printed tickets drive increased game play, time on device and player loyalty and TransAct will highlight how this performance makes Epicentral a natural choice for operators as they implement printed ticket bonuses on their gaming floors.
Epicentral v3.9 offers a wide variety of powerful features that build on Epicentral’s long-term track record of driving increased time on device and revenue. These include the ability to run multiple promotions at the same time, create games within games, run different promotions on different slot game banks, segment players by tier, promote to different levels of uncarded players and leverage its real-time capabilities to improve operator decision making through detailed activity reports. Epicentral v3.9 also improves the player experience by allowing for the redemption, printing and re-printing of bonuses at multiple locations.
For operators looking to leverage their existing systems while expanding their bonusing capabilities, Epicentral SE can easily turn current promotional offerings into printed coupons by leveraging Epicentral’s Print Manager and Design Center modules. TransAct will provide a live demonstration of how Epicentral SE can print and deliver free play vouchers directly to players which they can then redeem at the slot machine while still playing. Importantly, TransAct will also work with customers who choose Epicentral SE while eyeing a future upgrade to Epicentral should they desire a step up to a full-featured in-casino bonus environment.
Epic: The Trusted Name in Printing
TransAct’s best-in-class Epic TITO printers serve as a critical connection between the gaming device and player, representing a key component in the best performing gaming floors worldwide. At the same time, the Company’s Epic roll-fed printers have been a constant in casino, gaming and lottery operations for more than 20 years, delivering industry-leading dependability and unmatched reliability across a wide array of applications. TransAct will bring to G2E 2018 a full demonstration of both its Epic TITO and Epic roll-fed printers, which deliver unmatched print performance for slot machines, gaming devices (amusement with prize, skill with prize and video lottery terminals), customer service solutions (kiosks and other terminals) and lottery systems deployed around the world.
Demonstrations at G2E 2018 (Booth #2423) will also include:
- Epic 950 – The current industry-standard for TITO printing, TransAct’s Epic 950 continues to deliver proven performance in over 750,000 slot machines worldwide. Easily integrated into all game types, the Epic 950 features TicketBurst™ technology to eliminate player/ticket interference and is fully compatible with Epicentral to provide for the direct, real-time delivery of eye-catching personalized promotions and bonus offers.
- Epic Edge TT™ and Epic 950 TT™ – These unique, purpose-built printers take the power of the advanced Epic Edge and proven Epic 950 outside the slot machine and on to table games, players’ club desks and cash desks. They package a printer, internally mounted power supply and ServerPort in a tidy, compact design that is easy to deploy. In addition, thanks to their dual port capability, the Epic Edge TT and Epic 950 TT allow operators to expand the bonusing environment created by their Epicentral deployments to non-gaming device applications.
- Epic 880® – This compact printer for all types of gaming machines (including amusement with prizes, skill with prizes and video lottery terminals) features a modular design that is configurable to nearly any space, a variable length ticket presenter and ticket retract capability. It also offers auto paper loading and can accommodate 4-inch or 6-inch paper rolls.
- Epic 430® – An easy-to-configure modular design makes the Epic 430 ideal for customer self-service kiosks. This printer features variable length tickets with graphics and coupons capabilities, quick paper roll changes, a fast print speed and an array of standard paper sensors.
- Epic 3000® – The Epic 3000 has been deployed by lotteries worldwide across hundreds of thousands of locations, delivering fast, proven performance. It offers a number of industry-unique features, including an anti-jam front paper exit for reliable operation, the ability to print and stack up to 100 tickets without shuffling, a large 7.5-inch diameter paper roll, and the only full tool steel rotary cutter.
For more information about the Company’s complete lineup of Epic gaming and lottery printers and its Epicentral solution, please visit http://www.transact-tech.com.