GAN launches Ocean Online Casino in New Jersey
First New Jersey casino to deliver a converged online & on-property real money gaming experience to guests utilizing GAN's US-patented technology
London & Dublin | July 11 2018: GAN plc ("GAN" or the "Company"), an award-winning developer and supplier of enterprise-level B2B Internet gaming software, services and online gaming content in the United States, today announces the Company has simultaneously launched both real money Online Gaming and Simulated Gaming for Ocean Resort Casino in New Jersey supported by GAN's Turnkey Managed Services comprising technical operations management, software development, customer services & payments management together with associated regulatory consultancy.
GAN's Patent, now licensed to Ocean Resort Casino, will enable the client's guests enrolled in Ocean Premier, Ocean Resort Casino's loyalty program, to sign up online and instantly link their rewards card to their online account permitting those guests to trade in their reward points earned from on-property gaming for cash online and/or to earn rewards points from Internet gaming, to be subsequently redeemed on-property.
The Internet casino is now available on www.OceanOnlineCasino.com offering residents of, and visitors to, New Jersey a market-leading mobile-first Internet casino website/app design with Internet sports betting expected to be launched as an integrated extension in Fall of 2018 subject to customary commercial and regulatory approvals.
· GAN's second client in New Jersey for real money Online Gaming and GAN's first 'bricks & mortar' casino operating real money Internet gaming on GAN's platform in New Jersey (existing GAN client PaddyPower Betfair plc does not own/operate a casino in New Jersey)
· First client to adopt Turnkey Managed Services provided by GAN from an experienced team in New Jersey including technical operations management, customer services, payments management and associated regulatory consultancy
· Second New Jersey casino operator to license GAN's US Patent for delivering converged online-to-retail real money Internet gaming
· First US client to launch 'dual-mode' real money Online Gaming for New Jersey resident patrons alongside 'freemium' Simulated Gaming for patrons' residents both inside and outside of New Jersey (~50% of Atlantic City casinos' patrons live outside the borders of New Jersey)
· Launch of 'Ocean Resort Casino' branded Internet sports betting expected in Q4 2018 following the repeal of PASPA on May 14, 2018
This is the fourteenth time GAN has licensed its US Patent to a major US casino and the second New Jersey land-based casino operator to license the Patent for both real money Online Gaming and virtual Simulated Gaming following the licensing & services agreement between GAN and MDDC (The Borgata) announced December 2016.
Company's second client of real money Internet gaming in New Jersey following PaddyPower Betfair plc launch in November 2013 also reliant on GAN's enterprise software platform and supporting services.
Dermot Smurfit, CEO of GAN commented:
"Ocean Resort Casino is a fabulous casino property, unarguably offering the best quality gaming & hotel in Atlantic City, which has now been optimized for success by the new ownership and leadership. We're privileged to bring this immense property to life online, just as it relaunches in the traditional retail casino market. We're excited to deliver not just another 'me too' Internet casino, but to also bring online for the first time the capabilities unlocked only by GAN's convergence Patent which may give casino patrons in New Jersey a compelling economic rationale to play online with Ocean Resort Casino rather than established incumbent casino operators already online in this fast-growing market. Ocean Resort Casino is anticipated to be material to GAN's revenue and earnings in H2 2018."
Frank Leone, CEO of Ocean Resort Casino commented:
"GAN delivered efficiently and cost-effectively for Ocean Resort Casino and possesses a strategic patent which will give Ocean Resort Casino a competitive advantage with casino guests in Atlantic City who also choose to gamble online. Furthermore, GAN's proven platform, 'dual-mode' Simulated Gaming as well as real money Internet gaming and track record of client success in the New Jersey market are among the many reasons we chose GAN to bring Ocean Resort Casino online in 2018."