IGT Reinforces Environmental, Social and Governance Leadership with Publication of 2022 Sustainability Report
Company's 16th annual sustainability report highlights advancement of initiatives through Sustainable Play™
LONDON, July 11, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- International Game Technology PLC ("IGT") (NYSE: IGT) announced today the release of its 2022 Sustainability Report, detailing the Company's strong commitment to global sustainability and advancement of its environmental, social and governance (ESG) performance under its Sustainable Play™ initiatives.
Highlights of the 2022 report include IGT's focus on four key sustainability pillars:
- Valuing and Protecting Our People: With employees based in nearly 60 countries, IGT represents a multicultural environment where individual beliefs and needs are respected and valued. The Company is committed to protecting human rights, promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), and preventing acts of discrimination. IGT maintains a series of policies and procedures to promote a safe, equitable and inclusive work environment.
- In 2022, IGT added its Human Rights Policy Statement to employee training, and more than 97 percent of IGT employees completed human rights training.
- IGT was included in the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index, which measures LGBTQ+ inclusion in the workplace.
- In 2022, IGT was the first Casino and Gaming company to become a signatory for the UN Women's Empowerment Principles (WEPs), a set of principles offering guidance to businesses on how to promote gender equality and women's empowerment in the workplace, marketplace and community.
- Advancing Responsibility: As a global leader in the gaming industry, IGT considers responsibility a critical part of its business. Risk mitigation features and capabilities are embedded in a system of codes, policies, guidelines, and best practices to protect customers, employees, players, suppliers, and the environment.
- In 2022, IGT became the first U.S. industry supplier to achieve Global Gambling Guidance Group's (G4) responsible gaming accreditation for sports betting. IGT is now certified in responsible gaming across all product segments.
- Through the adoption of a Positive Play approach, IGT encourages positive, healthy play behaviors across all business segments.
- Supporting Our Communities: IGT encourages sustainable communities where the Company operates through corporate and employee-driven programs that align with the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals and facilitate opportunities for support, learning, and growth.
- In 2022, IGT developed and published its first formal Community Giving and Engagement Policy to inform and educate all relevant stakeholders about IGT's approach to supporting its communities.
- After School Advantage, the Company's flagship philanthropic initiative, has provided youth with access not only to technology but also science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) educational opportunities. In 2022, IGT expanded this program to the U.K. through a partnership with the STEM Discovery Centre.
- Fostering Sustainable Operations: As a supplier and operator, IGT seeks to ensure that its corporate policies and the internationally recognized ESG standards apply to the entire value chain. IGT remains committed to addressing its environmental impact, implementing systems and strategies to prevent and mitigate its impact on climate change, biodiversity, and air pollution, while increasing circularity.
- In 2022, IGT submitted near-term and long-term targets to the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) for validation, pledging to reduce its carbon emissions and help fight climate change.
- The Company implemented decarbonization workstreams to investigate opportunities for reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions that align with science based targets.
See theYouTube video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8SaLQ8yG9Y.