IGT Recognized by CDP for Environmental Stewardship
IGT's A- score demonstrates the effectiveness of IGT's sustainability initiatives, and confirms that the Company's efforts are in line with the Paris Agreement goals set in 2015 to limit global warming. While a Management score indicates that a company is taking coordinated action on climate change issues, a Leadership score shows that a company has implemented current best practices.
"This recognition, in addition to our improved score, demonstrates IGT's commitment to continuous improvement, and is especially significant given that CDP has made its requirements more stringent," said Robert K. Vincent, IGT Executive Vice President, Administrative Services and External Relations. "At the same time that we're celebrating this achievement, we are continuing to seek more ways to reduce emissions and energy consumption across our global business."
In its application, IGT demonstrated that:
- It increased its environmental data reporting due to an internal web-based tool, which provides a more comprehensive overview of the Company's environmental impacts;
- It significantly reduced its emissions; and
- It maintained its Environmental Management Systems in accordance with the ISO 14001 global standard.
- Regularly assessing goals for improving environmental performance;
- Following operating guidelines that protect the environment, employees' health and safety, and the communities in which the Company operates;
- Complying with current regulations;
- Ongoing improvement of pollution prevention;
- Reducing the environmental impact of production processes in an economically effective way;
- Providing employees with the resources they need to achieve established environmental goals; and
- Reporting on the environmental impact of its business performance in a transparent manner.